Los Angeles (18-12) at Phoenix (17-14)
When: Sunday, August 12th 2018
Where: Talking Stick Resort Arena, Phoenix
Time: 7:00 ET | TV: ESPN2
Opening Odds: Los Angeles -1/161.5
Open an Account at Bovada Sportsbook Now! Sign up at Bovada.lv to get up to a $250 Deposit Bonus to bet the WNBA!
The Los Angeles Sparks and Phoenix Mercury don’t have to worry about making this year’s postseason, but both would still love to find some momentum during the final few games of the regular season, and position themselves even better. The two clubs will battle in Phoenix Sunday night in a game that can be seen on ESPN2. The Mercury currently sit in seventh place, but can climb as high as No. 4 with three games remaining. Phoenix had lost six of seven games before beating last-place Indiana 94-74 on Friday. Diana Taurasi and Stephanie Talbot scored 14 points apiece to lead five Phoenix players in double figures and help the Mercury past the Fever, snapping a five-game home losing streak. DeWanna Bonner had 13 points and 10 rebounds, Brittney Griner added 12 and nine, and Yvonne Turner scored 10 points for Phoenix.
The Sparks, who are coming off a 79-73 loss at Atlanta on Thursday, occupy the No. 4 spot in the playoff seeding. After losing to lowly Indiana on July 20th, L.A. reeled-off victories in four of five games before the recent loss to the Dream. The Sparks’ 4-2 record since losing to the Fever includes two losses to Atlanta. Los Angeles is trying to sweep the three-game season series, winning the first two games at home, including 78-75 on August 5th. Candace Parker leads the Sparks with 18 points and eight rebounds per game, while Nneka Ogwumike averages 15.6 and seven.
The Sparks are playing much better in recent weeks than the Mercury, and are 7-2 ATS in their last nine matchups with Phoenix. The Mercury actually have a losing record at home this season (6-8). I’ll take the Sparks.
Pick: Sparks -1
- Sparks are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games following a straight up loss.
- Sparks are 9-1 ATS in their last 10 Sunday games.
- Sparks are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- Sparks are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Mercury are 15-6 ATS in their last 21 games following a straight up win.
- Mercury are 9-4 ATS in their last 13 Sunday games.
- Mercury are 15-7 ATS in their last 22 games following a ATS win.
- Mercury are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 vs. Western Conference.
- Mercury are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Mercury are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 home games.
- Under is 20-6 in Sparks last 26 Sunday games.
- Under is 13-5 in Sparks last 18 games following a straight up loss.
- Over is 5-2 in Sparks last 7 road games.
- Under is 24-11 in Sparks last 35 vs. Western Conference.
- Under is 43-20 in Sparks last 63 overall.
- Under is 5-0 in Mercury last 5 games following a straight up win.
- Under is 12-4 in Mercury last 16 vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Under is 5-2 in Mercury last 7 games following a ATS win.
- Under is 7-3 in Mercury last 10 home games.
- Under is 42-18-1 in Mercury last 61 Sunday games.
- Sparks are 7-2 ATS in the last 9 meetings.
- Under is 8-3 in the last 11 meetings in Phoenix.
- Under is 5-2 in the last 7 meetings.
- Sparks are 5-2-1 ATS in the last 8 meetings in Phoenix.