Pittsburgh (2-1) at Nashville (1-2)
When: Monday, June 5th 2017
Where: Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, TN
Time: 8:05 ET | TV: NBC Sports Network
Opening Odds: Nashville -130/5.5u -130
Open an Account at Bovada Sportsbook Now! Sign up at Bovada.lv to get up to a $250 Deposit Bonus and to bet all the Web’s best NHL Hockey odds and props!
The Stanley Cup Finals not just switched venues for Game 3, but the atmosphere and momentum has changed as well. The Nashville Predators will look to even their best-of-seven series up when they host the Pittsburgh Penguins in Game 4 on Monday night. The Predators erased an early 1-0 deficit on Saturday and ignited the raucous Bridgestone Arena crowd en route to a 5-1 triumph. Pekka Rinne started and made 27 saves against a Pittsburgh team that has struggled on the power play this series. The 6’5″ Rinne looked shaky in the first two games, giving up eight goals on just 36 shots and was benched in the third period of Game 2
. Roman Josi was one of five different scorers for Nashville, who took out their frustrations on the Penguins while improving to 8-1 at home this postseason. Josi, whose six goals lead all blue-liners while his 14 points are second-best at the position (Ottawa’s Erik Karlsson, 18) and just above fellow Nashville defensemen Ryan Ellis
(12), P.K. Subban (11) and Mattias Ekholm (10). Filip Forsberg leads the team with 15 points in the postseason, but has yet to hit the scoresheet in the series. The Predators
are 4-for-10 on the power play in the Stanley Cup Final. Rinne owns a 1.49 goals-against average and .949 save percentage at home in the playoffs.
LIVE IN-GAME NHL BETTING!
Jake Guentzel scored his 13th goal this postseason and fourth of this series for Pittsburgh and now is one off Dino Ciccarelli’s rookie record of 14 in 1981 for Minnesota. Guentzel, already with two winning goals in the series, put the Penguins up 1-0 on their second shot with a wrister off a rebound of Ian Cole that beat Rinne just 2:46 into the game. Early on, Matt Murray extended his scoreless streak to 72:54 with the Pittsburgh goalie looking ready to claim his 21st playoff win. Then he gave up five goals in the span of 15 shots and the crowd let him know it. For all of his success, captain Sidney Crosby has failed to score a goal in 12 consecutive Stanley Cup Final appearances and has just one in his last 19 Final games. Crosby was 15-of-26 in the faceoff circle in Game 3, while Evgeni Malkin lost seven of nine. The Penguins are just 1-for-13 on the power play this series, with their lone goal coming on a 5-on-3 advantage in Game 1. Malkin (NHL-best 26 points) and Crosby (23 points) were each held without a shot for the first time in their 143 playoff games together.
What a difference a venue makes. It really doesn’t feel like the Predators are down in this series. Rinne needed that solid game on Saturday to keep his confidence and to keep Nashville in this series. With only one day off, I think the momentum sticks for Game 4.
Pick: Predators -150
- Penguins are 39-13 in their last 52 when their opponent scores 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Penguins are 41-14 in their last 55 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Penguins are 8-3 in their last 11 Stanley Cup Finals games.
- Penguins are 5-2 in their last 7 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Penguins are 5-2 in their last 7 overall.
- Penguins are 61-25 in their last 86 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Penguins are 35-16 in their last 51 after allowing 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Penguins are 49-23 in their last 72 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Penguins are 35-17 in their last 52 games following a loss of 3 or more goals.
- Predators are 10-3 in their last 13 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Predators are 20-6 in their last 26 Monday games.
- Predators are 20-7 in their last 27 home games.
- Predators are 22-8 in their last 30 when their opponent allows 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Predators are 8-3 in their last 11 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Predators are 13-6 in their last 19 overall.
- Predators are 11-27 in their last 38 after scoring 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Predators are 1-5 in their last 6 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Over is 8-2 in Penguins last 10 Monday games.
- Over is 3-1-1 in Penguins last 5 when their opponent scores 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Under is 6-2-2 in Penguins last 10 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Over is 3-1-1 in Penguins last 5 vs. Central.
- Over is 3-1-1 in Penguins last 5 vs. Western Conference.
- Under is 3-1-2 in Penguins last 6 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Under is 9-3 in Penguins last 12 Stanley Cup Finals games.
- Over is 6-2-2 in Penguins last 10 following a loss of 3 or more goals.
- Over is 17-6-1 in Penguins last 24 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Over is 9-4-1 in Penguins last 14 road games.
- Over is 2-0-2 in Predators last 4 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Over is 2-0-2 in Predators last 4 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Over is 3-0-2 in Predators last 5 games following a win.
- Over is 3-0-1 in Predators last 4 when their opponent allows 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Under is 4-1-1 in Predators last 6 after scoring 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Under is 11-3-4 in Predators last 18 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Under is 7-2-3 in Predators last 12 home games.
- Over is 15-5-4 in Predators last 24 vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Over is 18-7-1 in Predators last 26 vs. Metropolitan.
- Under is 5-2 in Predators last 7 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Under is 14-6-7 in Predators last 27 overall.
HEAD TO HEAD
- Home team is 6-0 in the last 6 meetings.
- Over is 5-1 in the last 6 meetings.
- Penguins are 10-3 in the last 13 meetings.
Trends courtesy of SportsOptions.com – an UltimateCapper.com partner
CLICK HERE TO BET THE PENGUINS VS PREDATORS GAME