For anyone that is a local bookie now, or for anyone that has ever thought about tossing your hat in the ring to become a bookie, we have a few tips on how to make your journey more successful. There are definitely do’s and don’ts and we know them. We have been in your shoes, both as bookies and gamblers. We know the best ways to make money online as a bookie and we want to share with you how to fast-track your bookie business into a six-figure income. It can be done, and it doesn’t take working 100-hours per week. You do not have to kill yourself in order to make a nice living doing what you love. Many people say a lot of things, tune out the noise and listen to bookies who have been there and done it before.
Let’s Start With the Negative!
- Something tells us that you were not expecting anything negative and that you are in for a sales pitch. No. Incorrect. We are here to tell you the truth, the good, the bad, and the ugly.
- Not everything connected with a bookie’s life is all peaches and cream. You must know what you are getting into and have a great understanding that there will be negative aspects to this gig. There are also great rewards.
- You can’t make any real money in today’s competitive environment without an online sportsbook. You must find a way to land yourself online.
- You may say “hey, wait for a second, I have been a local bookie for a long time now and I’m doing ok”. What you must ask yourself is this? Is just ok enough? Do you want more out of this career path? There is a way in which a six-figure income can be earned as a bookie, but you must apply some very important principles.
A Couple of Bookies Duties:
- Set the daily events, every day with no exception. There are events to bet on every day of the year, 365 days. You must set the events for the day and organize them somewhere so that you have them at a moment’s glance when a client calls you. You must set the events either the night before the day of the event or very early the morning of the event.
- You must also set the daily line and odds for each event that you plan to offer for that day. Are you an experienced line mover or oddsmaker? Look, this duty must be done. This is not something that you can just “wing it” and when a client calls, you throw him a number. You can follow the “big boys” of course you can find lines and odds for nearly every game, online. We know this is true and you are welcome to cherry-pick such as this. We don’t recommend it for one very important reason – The lines and odds that the “big boys” follow are often slanted towards the player. They will incorporate odds in order to swing players their way in an effort to hook the player and keep them coming back for more. They can afford to do this, and they don’t mind taking minimal losses from time-to-time. A small bookie can’t afford this.
- Accept wagers by taking them in person or over the phone.
- Grade bet slips and you must do this in a timely manner, or your client can’t continue to play. You want them playing at all times.
How to Earn Money—
- Find an online presence with a pay per head. This is the only real way that we know of through our years of experience as a bookie. The PPH will set the daily events on a custom-built website that’s exclusive to you and your clients. They will also set the daily odds.
The PPH is your accountant and they help you with the player and financial reports that in turn, helps you follow a strict budget. You must follow a budget, or you are for certain, dead in the water. Call the pay per head now ad ask them for a free trial of their product. Find out if this gig is for you. We are certain you’ll love having a bookie management system, and we know you will love the profits.
More Pay Per Head tips: