Guys, are you still a “rookie-bookie”? It’s ok if you are, we certainly won’t hold this against you. Everyone had to start somewhere. You got your start just as anybody else and after a couple of years the “rookie-bookie” moniker can go away. Here is the deal; nobody has to know that you are new to this gig. You may be highly experienced, and nobody would know the difference anyway. You may also be just as most bookie when they start – a rookie, with rookie knowledge. Here is what we can tell you – find a great pay per head that doesn’t treat you like a rookie. Find one that respects you, one that charges a fair price, and one that does everything for you as well as comes with a fantastic reputation. Staying with the guys that charge you a couple of dollars per head and one that has no customer service skills, now that’s a rookie mistake.
- Find a site that custom-builds an online sportsbook for you. If you are a “street bookie” or a “local bookie” then you know how difficult this job can be. This gig is not for “lightweights”! Bookies are thought to be available all day, every day. We know this is not true. This notion is downright ridiculous. A custom-built online sportsbook puts you online within a day or two and now you can be “available all day, every day”.
- Find a pay per head that looks professional, find one that looks as if you have logged onto one of the “mega” online sites. Many pay per head providers charge $2-$6 per head to get you in the door. We are not here to tell you that finding a bargain is not a great thing, indeed it is great. You must keep in mind that you get what you pay for. This concept can be compared to buying new shoes. You can hit the big named stores and purchase the big named shoes and you will pay a premium price. You are paying for quality and craftsmanship. You can also hit the big named discount chains and pay for their brand for a fraction of the cost. The difference in quality will shine through and you will indeed see how “you get what you pay for”.
- Find a pay per head that does everything for you, they should leave no stone unturned. You should expect them to build your online sportsbook within a day or two, set up your site to look professional as well as operate with a user interface that’s easy to read, easy to gamble with and one that sets the daily offerings as well as future events. You also want the pay per head to set the daily lines and odds. This is not a task that you should be saddling yourself with. You are probably not an experienced line mover or oddsmaker. Sure, you most likely know about setting lines and odds but why would you want to do this argues task daily?
- Find a pay per head that offers you on-demand financial and player reports. You must keep a running tab on all of your players and that can be a difficult task. Your players may deposit with you once and play for a month without you seeing or hearing from them. You must budget your players and budget yourself. The only way to keep up the pace with your money/profit margins is by reading daily reports of when every dollar came in the door and when every dollar hit the road.
- Find a pay per head that offers a vast wagering menu with a wide verity of events to bet on daily. You must also look for a wide verity of ways to bet on those sports. If you offer your clients options, it’s guaranteed they will use them.
The pay per head industry has come a long way in the last 20-years and what they are offering is a fantastic software for bookies with a fantastic price tag of around $7-$10 per head. Call the PPH provider and ask for your free trial.