Washington (40-30) at San Antonio (41-30)
When: Wednesday, March 21st 2018
Where: AT&T Center, San Antonio, TX
Time: 9:35 ET | TV: ESPN
Opening Odds: San Antonio -6/204.5
Open an Account at Bovada Sportsbook Now! Sign up at Bovada.lv to get up to a $250 Deposit Bonus and to bet all the Web’s best NBA Basketball odds and props!
The Washington Wizards are in the middle of a competitive playoff race for positioning and will be tested physically over the next few weeks. Washington has been off since a 109-102 win over the Indiana Pacers on Saturday and will begin stretch of 10 games with no more than one days rest inbetween when they visit the San Antonio Spurs on Wednesday night at AT&T Center. The Wizards are currently in fifth place in the Eastern Conference, one game behind third place Cleveland, and nine games clear of ninth place. Part of Washington’s tough stretch will include two games against the Spurs, who swept the two-game season series a year ago. Washington has won their last two games after dropping the previous two including allowing 129 points in a loss at Miami last week. The Spurs are surging right now despite the fact they are still without star Kawhi Leonard for the foreseeable future. LaMarcus Aldridge has helped carry San Antonio to wins in four straight including an 89-75 win over the short-handed Golden State Warriors on Monday. The Spurs sit in sixth-place in the Western Conference standings, one game behind fourth place Oklahoma City and three games clear of ninth-place Denver.
Bet on basketball at Bovada and get a 50% bonus.
The Wizards are surviving without point guard John Wall, who is expected to be cleared for full practices later this week. Five players scored between 12 and 19 points in the win over Indiana as small forward Kelly Oubre, Jr. provided a spark off the bench with 16 points in 18 minutes of action. Bradley Beal had a big game in the overtime win at Boston last week, scoring 34 points on 14-of-27 shooting, seven rebounds, and nine assists. Beal averages 4.7 assists on the season, but has eclipsed that average in 16 of his last 17 games. Small forward Tomas Satoransky is 13-of-22 from the field over the last three games. Washington will play three-straight at home beginning Friday with the Nuggets.
Aldridge scored 19 of his 33 points in the fourth quarter on Monday as San Antonio pulled away for the easy win over the Warriors. He also added 12 rebounds and is averaging 30.3 points on 55.7% shooting and nine rebounds during the winning streak. Point guard Dejounte Murray set a franchise record for rebounds in a season by a point guard, grabbing eight on Monday to raise his total to 385. Small forward Kyle Anderson, who averages 7.9 points a game, was held scoreless on Monday, but did grab 10 rebounds to bring his season average up to 5.6. The Spurs will host the Utah Jazz on Friday.
The Spurs are on a roll right now and they’re facing a very inconsistent team in Washington without Wall. San Antonio may not have many scoring options, but when you have a defense like they do, you find ways to win. I’ll lay the points.
Pick: Spurs -5
- Wizards are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a straight up win.
- Wizards are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 road games.
- Wizards are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Wizards are 5-11 ATS in their last 16 Wednesday games.
- Wizards are 2-5-1 ATS in their last 8 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Wizards are 2-5-1 ATS in their last 8 games overall.
- Spurs are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 home games.
- Spurs are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games following a straight up win.
- Spurs are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Spurs are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
- Spurs are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 when their opponent allows 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Spurs are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 vs. NBA Southeast.
- Spurs are 5-2-1 ATS in their last 8 Wednesday games.
- Spurs are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Over is 4-0 in Wizards last 4 overall.
- Under is 3-0-1 in Wizards last 4 vs. NBA Southwest.
- Over is 4-0 in Wizards last 4 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Over is 5-1 in Wizards last 6 Wednesday games.
- Over is 8-3 in Wizards last 11 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Over is 21-8-1 in Wizards last 30 games playing on 3 or more days rest.
- Over is 5-2 in Wizards last 7 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Under is 14-6-1 in Wizards last 21 vs. Western Conference.
- Under is 5-0-1 in Spurs last 6 vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Under is 7-1 in Spurs last 8 overall.
- Under is 7-1 in Spurs last 8 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Under is 7-1 in Spurs last 8 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Under is 6-1 in Spurs last 7 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Under is 5-1 in Spurs last 6 when their opponent allows 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Over is 4-1 in Spurs last 5 Wednesday games.
- Under is 4-1 in Spurs last 5 home games.
- Under is 4-1 in Spurs last 5 vs. NBA Southeast.
- Over is 3-0-1 in the last 4 meetings.
- Favorite is 20-7 ATS in the last 27 meetings.
- Wizards are 7-20 ATS in the last 27 meetings.
- Wizards are 3-13-1 ATS in the last 17 meetings in San Antonio.