After a spectacular start to 2022, FaZe Clan has already commented itself as one of the best CS:GO teams around the globe. The team has raised trophies in three top-tier tournaments this year, including the Intel Extreme Masters (IEM) of Katowice, the 15th season of the ESL Pro League, and the PGL Major Antwerp.
16,000 viewers watched how karrigan with his team won the title in the Major after defeating Natus Vincere 2-0 in the grand final. What makes FaZe Clan succeed in those tournaments? Can they maintain this streak in other upcoming CS:GO events? Let’s find it out.
Who is FaZe Clan Now?
A quick look at the new aspects of the American organization is enough to see its importance in shooters and the large number of stars that have passed through its ranks in 2022. Below we present the most important facts to know about this team.
The Number 1 of the HLTV Ranking
FaZe occupies the prestigious Top 1 after four years without doing so. NaVi has finally lost the throne after FaZe’s victory in ESL Pro League 15. FaZe occupies this position after four years, just before the successful path of Astralis began in CS:GO.
The Announce of New Addition
The signing of the 22-year-old Estonian is one of the most important moves of the year for FaZe Clan. Robin “ropz” Kool is one of the best riflers on the international scene and has been demonstrating a great individual level in his club since 2018. According to stat tracker csgo, the current Ropz’s profile is as follows:
- Time period in FaZe: Jan 2022 – Present
- Player role: rifler
- HLTV world ranking: #7
- Rating 2.0: 1.14
- Kills per round: 0.73
- Trophies: 2 MVPs (ESL Pro League S10, ESL Pro League S15) and 11 LAN trophies
The Returning of Karrigan
After an intense stage in MOUZ, Finn “Karrigan” Andersen returned to FaZe Clan in 2021 to save the entity. During the PGL Antwerp, the Danish led his team and won the title without the support of Robert “RobbaN” Dahlström, who was serving his last penalty. One more simple detail to corroborate that “karrigan” had completed the long-awaited return.
Completely International Team
Currently, the American organization has completely international roster, including:
- Finn “karrigan” Andersen (a Danish in-game leader)
- Håvard “rain” Nygaard (a Norwegian rifler)
- Helvijs “broky” Saukants (a Latvian AWPer)
- Russel “Twistzz” Van Dulken (a Canadian rifler)
- Robin “ropz” Kool (an Estonian rifler)
After beating Natus Vincere, FaZe was proclaimed as the first team Major champion with an international player squad.
The Beginning of the Winning Streak
Below you can see the timeline of FaZe Clan winning streak in the popular 2022 CS:GO tournaments.
- February 15th to 27th. FaZe received the first trophy of the year in the IEM S16 Katowice after beating G2 Esports in an exciting 3-0 grand final. The final map was played on Mirage, and the duration was 2 hours and seven minutes, which was the longest match in history inside the Katowice pavilion. There were plenty of clutches and surprising retakes. But FaZe Clan was entrusted to Broky to put the 29-27 that would finally undermine the European entity.
- March 9th to April 10th. The American organization added its second great trophy in the ESL Pro League S15. The team went 1-1 to the scoreboard against ENCE in the grand final. But then, FaZe completely dejected the Finish team on Dust2. They were in absolute comfort since Twistzz was giving Ropz the positions where he felt most comfortable to shine. This would mean the final map with the FaZe 2-1 victory.
- May 9th to 22nd. The international player roster moved even further and received a title that they did not yet have. The team raised a trophy from the Major after beating Natus Vincere with a resounding 2-0 in the grand final. The Estonian had shown once again why he was one of the best players in the world. His signing with FaZe Clan was a necessary step to aspire to the most important CS:GO trophies.
What will be Next?
After showing incredible achievements in the tournaments mentioned above, the American entity stopped its winning streak and took 6th place in the IEM S17 Dallas. Though it is normal not to win titles regularly, we see that FaZe doesn’t want to slow down. The team has realized that it has a unique opportunity to dominate the scene of CS:GO and wants to take advantage of it in other tournaments.