Southern California (24-9) vs Providence (20-12)
When: Wednesday, March 15th 2017
Where: University of Dayton Arena, Dayton, OH
Time: 9:10 ET | TV: truTV
Open an Account at Bovada Sportsbook Now! Sign up at Bovada.lv to get up to a $250 Deposit Bonus and to bet all the Web’s best NCAA Basketball odds and props!
The Providence Friars meet the USC Trojans for the second straight season in the NCAA Tournament on Wednesday night in Dayton, Ohio. The winner will get No. 6 SMU in Tulsa, Oklahoma on Friday. Tip-off is at 9:10 ET on truTV. Providence edged the Trojans 70-69 in a first-round game last season on Rodney Bullock’s basket with 1.5 seconds remaining.
Bet on basketball at Bovada and get a 50% bonus.
The Friars (20-12 SU and ATS) come out of the Big East as one of the most profitable teams in college basketball against the spread. They’re second in the conference in defense (66.6 points/game), which masks some of their problems getting the ball in the hoop. Providence ranks No. 285 out of the 351 Division I teams in field-goal attempts and No. 248 in scoring at 70.3 points per game. The top player on the Friars, junior guard Jalen Linsdey, is 46.1% from downtown this year on 6.2 attempts per 40 minutes.
USC (24-9 SU, 16-16 ATS) was in the AP rankings early in the season before conference play, but barely squeaked into March Madness after a late-season surge. The Trojans are more proficient on offense than Providence, ranking No. 56 overall at 78.7 points per game, however, USC also played a softer schedule in the Pac-12. Junior guard Elijah Stewart averages 12.4 points per game and a team-high 69 3-pointers after scoring 17 against UCLA in the Pac-12 quarterfinals.
Get your basketball odds at Bovada today.
I like this balanced USC team coming out of a conference in which they had to play UCLA, Arizona, and Oregon. Yes, they played some terrible teams at the bottom of the Pac-12, but they also did well in their non-conference slate. This should be a very good game, but I’ll take the Trojans to advance.
Pick: USC -2.5
- Trojans are 10-3 ATS in their last 13 Wednesday games.
- Trojans are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games as a favorite.
- Trojans are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games as a favorite of 0.5-6.5.
- Trojans are 4-10 ATS in their last 14 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Trojans are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 neutral site games as a favorite.
- Trojans are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games following a straight up loss.
- Trojans are 2-9 ATS in their last 11 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Trojans are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 non-conference games.
- Friars are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 Wednesday games.
- Friars are 9-1 ATS in their last 10 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Friars are 13-3 ATS in their last 16 neutral site games as an underdog.
- Friars are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a straight up loss.
- Friars are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a ATS loss.
- Friars are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games overall.
- Friars are 6-2-1 ATS in their last 9 games following a double-digit loss at home.
- Friars are 21-7 ATS in their last 28 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Friars are 15-5 ATS in their last 20 neutral site games.
- Friars are 36-16 ATS in their last 52 games as an underdog.
- Friars are 37-17 ATS in their last 54 games as an underdog of 0.5-6.5.
- Friars are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 NCAA Tournament games.
- Under is 4-0 in Trojans last 4 overall.
- Under is 6-0 in Trojans last 6 Wednesday games.
- Over is 6-1-1 in Trojans last 8 games as a favorite of 0.5-6.5.
- Over is 5-1 in Trojans last 6 non-conference games.
- Over is 4-1 in Trojans last 5 neutral site games as a favorite.
- Over is 4-1 in Trojans last 5 vs. Big East.
- Over is 3-1-1 in Trojans last 5 games following a straight up loss.
- Over is 27-11-1 in Trojans last 39 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Over is 4-0-1 in Friars last 5 non-conference games.
- Over is 4-0 in Friars last 4 games following a straight up loss.
- Under is 5-1 in Friars last 6 NCAA Tournament games.
- Under is 16-5 in Friars last 21 games as an underdog of 0.5-6.5.
- Under is 12-4-1 in Friars last 17 games as an underdog.
- Over is 11-4 in Friars last 15 games following a double-digit loss at home.
- Under is 20-8 in Friars last 28 neutral site games as an underdog.
- Under is 17-8-1 in Friars last 26 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Under is 37-18 in Friars last 55 neutral site games.
HEAD TO HEAD
Trends courtesy of SportsOptions.com – an UltimateCapper.com partner
CLICK HERE TO BET THE USC VS PROVIDENCE GAME