Nashville (34-24-11) at Washington (45-17-7)
When: Thursday, March 16th 2017
Where: Verizon Center, Washington, DC
Time: 7:05 ET | TV: FSN Tennessee, CSN Mid-Atlantic
Open an Account at Bovada Sportsbook Now! Sign up at Bovada.lv to get up to a $250 Deposit Bonus and to bet all the Web’s best NHL Hockey odds and props!
With the playoffs approaching, the Nashville Predators are in need of a turnaround if they want to be apart of the postseason fun. Nashville lost the first four games of March, but have since won their last two. They sit in third place in the Central Division, but the surging St. Louis Blues are right on their tail. They will travel to the nation’s capital this Thursday night (7 PM ET) when they take on the best team in the league, the Washington Capitals.
LIVE IN-GAME NHL BETTING!
The Predators have taken a step back in their third season under head coach Peter Laviolette with goaltender Pekka Rinne (.915 save percentage) partly to blame, making the OVER a solid pick in the Music City this year. Nashville did make a nice move at the trade deadline by acquiring winger PA Parenteau (13 goals, 14 assists) from the New Jersey Devils, sending back a sixth-round draft pick in return.
That’s nothing compared to Washington’s mega-deal for defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk (11 goals, 35 assists) from St. Louis, but Shattenkirk earned a two-game suspension over the weekend for a charging penalty. He is expected back for Thursday’ contest. Winger Andre Burakovsky (11 goals, 18 assists) remains out while he recovers from a hand injury and isn’t due to return until late March.
Washington returned from a brutal road trip out West (0-3) and snapped a four-game losing streak overall with a 4-2 over Minnesota on Tuesday. Nashville seems to have put their recent woes behind them by scoring eight goals over the past two games, but they’ll have trouble tonight. The line is high, so I’m taking a chance at the puckline in this one as I can see the Capitals exploding here tonight.
Pick: Capitals -1.5 +185
- Predators are 4-1 in their last 5 games following a win.
- Predators are 5-2 in their last 7 vs. Metropolitan.
- Predators are 8-25 in their last 33 after scoring 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Capitals are 11-2 in their last 13 vs. Central.
- Capitals are 5-1 in their last 6 when their opponent scores 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Capitals are 39-12 in their last 51 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- Capitals are 55-17 in their last 72 home games.
- Capitals are 69-23 in their last 92 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Capitals are 23-8 in their last 31 games following a win.
- Capitals are 21-8 in their last 29 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Capitals are 66-26 in their last 92 vs. a team with a losing record.
- Capitals are 25-10 in their last 35 overall.
- Capitals are 44-19 in their last 63 Thursday games.
- Capitals are 24-11 in their last 35 in the third game of a 3-in-4 situation.
- Capitals are 1-5 in their last 6 vs. Western Conference.
- Over is 7-1 in Predators last 8 games following a win.
- Over is 5-1 in Predators last 6 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Over is 5-1 in Predators last 6 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Over is 4-1 in Predators last 5 after scoring 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Over is 16-4-2 in Predators last 22 vs. Metropolitan.
- Over is 7-2-1 in Predators last 10 road games.
- Over is 19-6-1 in Predators last 26 overall.
- Over is 15-5-4 in Predators last 24 games playing on 2 days rest.
- Over is 9-3 in Predators last 12 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Over is 19-7 in Predators last 26 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Over is 5-0 in Capitals last 5 overall.
- Over is 3-0-1 in Capitals last 4 in the third game of a 3-in-4 days situation.
- Over is 4-1-2 in Capitals last 7 when their opponent scores 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Over is 4-1-1 in Capitals last 6 Thursday games.
- Over is 12-3-3 in Capitals last 18 vs. Western Conference.
- Over is 7-2-3 in Capitals last 12 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- Over is 10-3-3 in Capitals last 16 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Over is 16-5-5 in Capitals last 26 vs. Central.
- Over is 9-3-4 in Capitals last 16 home games.
- Over is 14-5-3 in Capitals last 22 vs. a team with a losing record.
HEAD TO HEAD
- Over is 6-0-1 in the last 7 meetings.
- Home team is 7-2 in the last 9 meetings.
- Over is 5-2-1 in the last 8 meetings in Washington.
- Predators are 1-5 in the last 6 meetings in Washington.
Trends courtesy of SportsOptions.com – an UltimateCapper.com partner
CLICK HERE TO BET THE PREDATORS VS CAPITALS GAME