Seattle (8-6) at Dallas (8-6)
When: Sunday, December 24th 2017
Where: AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX
Time: 4:25 ET | TV: FOX
Opening Odds: Dallas -2.5/47
Open an Account at Bovada Sportsbook Now! Sign up at Bovada.lv to get a $250 Signup Bonus to bet NFL Football odds and props!
The Seattle Seahawks and Dallas Cowboys will be playing what amounts to be an elimination game on Sunday afternoon in Arlington, Texas, as both teams are just outside the playoff race with two weeks remaining. The loser of this game, coupled with an Atlanta win over New Orleans, would eliminate them from the postseason chase. The Cowboys have won three in a row and will get their star running back Ezekiel Elliott back from a six-game suspension. Elliott recorded 783 rushing yards in the first eight games of the season before he was suspended for an alleged domestic violence incident. The Seahawks are looking to bounce back from a 42-7 beating they suffered against the Los Angeles Rams at home, a week after losing 30-24 at Jacksonville. Seattle could still win the NFC West with two wins and two losses by the Rams. The Cowboys lead the all-time series 10-6, but the Seahawks won the most-recent meeting 13-12 in 2015 at AT&T Stadium.
Seattle has allowed 72 points in the last two weeks, and are now in a must-win situation. Quarterback Russell Wilson, who has thrown 30 touchdown passes this season, continues to show why he could be the most valuable player to any team in the league, leading the team in rushing as well. Wide receiver Doug Baldwin, who leads the team with 67 catches and 866 yards, made just one catch for six yards in the loss to the Rams. The defense has been ravaged by injuries and it’s starting to show after holding the Philadelphia Eagles to 10 points in a big Sunday night win three weeks ago. The Seahawks hope that Pro Bowl middle linebacker Bobby Wagner (hamstring) and outside linebacker K.J. Wright (concussion) will be close to full strength on Sunday.
Elliott, who received a heavy workload in the four games before the suspension, is expected to get around the same 26 carries he averaged during that stretch. Elliott’s presence will surely help take pressure off of quarterback Dak Prescott (2,964 yards, 21 touchdowns), who has thrown 11 interceptions this season after being picked off just four times last year. Pro Bowl defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence is tied for third in the NFL with 13.5 sacks, while star linebacker Sean Lee has recorded 28 tackles and one interception over the last two games after returning from a hamstring injury. Dallas will close the season next week at rival Philadelphia.
The Cowboys have a lot of momentum coming into this contest and that should continue with the return of Elliott. Seattle’s defense is starting to get exposed with all the injuries they’re going through. I like Dallas a lot in this one.
Pick: Cowboys -5
- Seahawks are 9-3-1 ATS in their last 13 games following a straight up loss.
- Seahawks are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 road games.
- Seahawks are 20-8-1 ATS in their last 29 games in December.
- Seahawks are 3-7-2 ATS in their last 12 games after scoring less than 15 points in their previous game.
- Seahawks are 2-5-1 ATS in their last 8 games overall.
- Seahawks are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games in Week 16.
- Seahawks are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games on fieldturf.
- Seahawks are 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Cowboys are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a straight up win.
- Cowboys are 11-23-1 ATS in their last 35 games on fieldturf.
- Cowboys are 2-5-2 ATS in their last 9 games in December.
- Cowboys are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 games in Week 16.
- Cowboys are 1-5 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
- Cowboys are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Over is 4-0 in Seahawks last 4 games after allowing more than 150 yards rushing in their previous game.
- Over is 5-1 in Seahawks last 6 games after allowing less than 150 yards passing in their previous game.
- Over is 5-1 in Seahawks last 6 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Under is 4-1 in Seahawks last 5 road games.
- Over is 4-1 in Seahawks last 5 games after accumulating less than 150 yards passing in their previous game.
- Under is 8-2 in Seahawks last 10 vs. NFC.
- Under is 9-3 in Seahawks last 12 games after allowing more than 30 points in their previous game.
- Over is 5-2 in Seahawks last 7 games in December.
- Under is 5-2 in Seahawks last 7 games following a straight up loss of more than 14 points.
- Over is 15-7 in Seahawks last 22 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Under is 4-0 in Cowboys last 4 games following a straight up win.
- Under is 9-1 in Cowboys last 10 games in December.
- Under is 6-1 in Cowboys last 7 games overall.
- Under is 4-1 in Cowboys last 5 games on fieldturf.
- Over is 5-2 in Cowboys last 7 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Underdog is 4-0 ATS in their last 4 meetings.
- Under is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings in Dallas.
- Under is 6-2 in the last 8 meetings.
- Seahawks are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 meetings.