Oakland (6-8) at Philadelphia (12-2)
When: Monday, December 25th 2017
Where: Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, PA
Time: 8:30 ET | TV: ESPN
Opening Odds: Philadelphia -7.5/48.5
Open an Account at Bovada Sportsbook Now! Sign up at Bovada.lv to get a $250 Signup Bonus to bet NFL Football odds and props!
Week 16 of the 2017 season concluded with a Christmas Night battle between the Oakland Raiders and Philadelphia Eagles from Lincoln Financial Field. The Raiders’ slim playoff hopes took a big blow following back-to-back losses to Kansas City and Dallas, with the latter featuring an index card and a touchback as Derek Carr dove for the go-ahead score in the waning moments of the contest only to lose the ball through the end zone. The Eagles have no worries about missing the postseason and could receive the top seed in the NFC should Minnesota fall to Green Bay on Sunday, or the club might have to earn it on Monday against the Raiders. Backup quarterback Nick Foles stepped up in place of the injured Carson Wentz and threw for four touchdowns in Philadelphia’s 34-29 win over the New York Giants. Foles was a member of the Eagles once before back in 2013 and threw for record-tying seven touchdowns in Oakland on November 3rd of that season. Defensive end Trent Cole announced his retirement on Friday, but will make it official on Christmas night as a member of the Eagles, with whom he played 10 seasons and ranks second in franchise history with 85.5 sacks.
Veteran running back Marshawn Lynch has been playing like his old-self with five touchdowns in the past six games, but will be tested by the league’s top-ranked rush defense that is allowing just 71.5 yards per game. Carr threw a pair of touchdown passes to Michael Crabtree last Sunday night against Dallas, with the wide receiver hauling in seven receptions in back-to-back games since serving a one-game suspension for his actions against Denver on November 26th. Deep threat Amari Cooper was limited in Friday’s practice with an ankle injury, leaving him questionable for Monday’s game at Philadelphia. Defensive end Khalil Mack has recorded at least one sack in five straight games, but will be tested by Pro Bowl RT Lane Johnson.
Wide receiver Alshon Jeffery has has an NFC second-best nine touchdown catches on the season, with seven of them coming in the past seven games, while Pro Bowl tight end Zach Ertz has scored a touchdown in six straight home games. Nelson Agholor has also been finding the endzone recently, to the tune of three scores in his last four games, with 22 receptions for 264 yards in his last three. Jay Ajayi continues to be an important in-season acquisition from Miami, averaging 6.4 yards per carry in six games with the Eagles. Defensive end Brandon Graham has recorded 4.5 of his career-high 9.5 sacks in the past five games for a Philadelphia defense that ranks sixth overall (309.2).
Last week’s loss to Dallas pretty much ended the Raiders season, and now they have to fly across the country for a Christmas date with the best team in the league. Wentz or Foles – it doesn’t matter – the Eagles will roll at home.
Pick: Eagles -9
- Raiders are 2-0-2 ATS in their last 4 games following a straight up loss.
- Raiders are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 Monday games.
- Raiders are 17-36-2 ATS in their last 55 games in December.
- Raiders are 2-7-2 ATS in their last 11 games on grass.
- Raiders are 2-8-2 ATS in their last 12 games overall.
- Raiders are 0-6-1 ATS in their last 7 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Raiders are 0-2-2 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
- Raiders are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 road games.
- Eagles are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 home games.
- Eagles are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games after allowing more than 250 yards passing in their previous game.
- Eagles are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games after allowing less than 90 yards rushing in their previous game.
- Eagles are 9-2 ATS in their last 11 games overall.
- Eagles are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a ATS loss.
- Eagles are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games following a straight up win.
- Eagles are 4-1 ATS vs. a team with a losing record.
- Eagles are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games after allowing more than 350 total yards in their previous game.
- Eagles are 16-5 ATS in their last 21 games on grass.
- Eagles are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 Monday games.
- Eagles are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games after scoring more than 30 points in their previous game.
- Under is 5-0 in Raiders last 5 games overall.
- Under is 5-0 in Raiders last 5 games on grass.
- Over is 5-1 in Raiders last 6 Monday games.
- Under is 5-1 in Raiders last 6 games in December.
- Under is 7-3 in Raiders last 10 road games.
- Over is 5-0 in Eagles last 5 games in Week 16.
- Over is 25-8 in Eagles last 33 vs. a team with a losing record.
- Over is 20-7 in Eagles last 27 games in December.
- Over is 10-4-1 in Eagles last 15 Monday games.
- Over is 7-3 in Eagles last 10 games on grass.
- Over is 35-16 in Eagles last 51 games following a ATS loss.
- Under is 43-20 in Eagles last 63 games after scoring more than 30 points in their previous game.
- Raiders are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings.