Nebraska (12-4) at Indiana (12-4)
When: Monday, January 14th, 2019
Where: Assembly Hall,
Time: 6:30 ET | TV: FS1
Opening Odds: Indiana -1/144
Open an Account at Bovada Sportsbook to get up to a $250 Deposit Bonus!
The Nebraska Cornhuskers had a very impressive non-conference run over the first two months of the season thanks to a stingy defense and a dominating homecourt presence, but the road has not been kind to them since the beginning of Big Ten play. The Cornhuskers will seek their first win away from home in conference action (0-3) when they visit the Indiana Hoosiers on Monday night in Bloomington. Nebraska dropped a tough one at Maryland on January 2nd (74-72) and then another road tilt four days later at No. 25 Iowa before ending its first two-game losing streak of the year with an uninspired 70-64 victory against Penn State, setting a school record with its 20th straight win at home. The Cornhuskers had won their previous four games by 19 points or more, including a neutral-site win over Oklahoma State by 23. Indiana also came up short at Maryland despite making all 16 of it free throws and committed only seven turnovers, but a 16-0 Terps run early in the second half doomed the Hoosiers in the 78-75 setback. Indiana is second in the nation in field-goal percentage (51.8), while the Cornhuskers are 18th in Division I in field-goal percentage defense (38.4). The Hoosiers have won 12 of 18 all-time meetings, but the Nebraska has taken the last two.
Junior forward Isaiah Roby finished with a career-high 22 points and set or tied season highs in both rebounds (11) and blocked shots (four) in 38 minutes en route to his first double-double of the season in the Penn State victory. Roby moved into a tie for eighth place on the school’s all-time list with 113 blocks, while Glynn Watson Jr. contributed 19 points to tie Chuck Jura (1,255) for 16th place in school history.
Romeo Langford comes into this contest ranked fourth in the Big Ten in scoring (18.8), while also producing 5.5 rebounds per contest. The freshman scored 20 of his 28 points in the second half Thursday and was responsible for more than half of his team’s free throws (nine). Forward Justin Smith finished with eight points on 4-of-6 shooting but was limited to 22 minutes due to foul trouble. Nebraska committed just eight turnovers on Thursday and have given the ball away 10 or fewer times in nine of its last 11 games.
I think this Nebraska team is better overall than Indiana, but its hard to ignore how much trouble they have on the road, while the Hoosiers are a perfect 10-0 at Assembly Hall. Indiana shoots well enough to overcome a tough defense like the Cornhuskers and will come away with a win and cover here.
Pick: Indiana -2.5
- Cornhuskers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 Monday games.
- Cornhuskers are 21-5 ATS in their last 26 games following a straight up win.
- Cornhuskers are 8-2-1 ATS in their last 11 games following a ATS loss.
- Cornhuskers are 28-8-1 ATS in their last 37 games overall.
- Cornhuskers are 20-6 ATS in their last 26 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Cornhuskers are 15-5 ATS in their last 20 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Cornhuskers are 17-6 ATS in their last 23 vs. Big Ten.
- Cornhuskers are 11-4 ATS in their last 15 road games.
- Cornhuskers are 10-4 ATS in their last 14 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Cornhuskers are 10-4 ATS in their last 14 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Hoosiers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 Monday games.
- Hoosiers are 10-4 ATS in their last 14 games following a straight up loss.
- Hoosiers are 15-6 ATS in their last 21 home games.
- Hoosiers are 18-8 ATS in their last 26 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- Hoosiers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Over is 4-0 in Cornhuskers last 4 overall.
- Over is 4-0 in Cornhuskers last 4 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Over is 4-0 in Cornhuskers last 4 vs. Big Ten.
- Under is 7-1 in Cornhuskers last 8 vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Under is 7-2 in Cornhuskers last 9 games following a ATS loss.
- Under is 6-0 in Hoosiers last 6 vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Under is 5-1 in Hoosiers last 6 home games.
- Under is 4-1 in Hoosiers last 5 games following a ATS win.
- Under is 12-4 in Hoosiers last 16 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Under is 12-4 in Hoosiers last 16 games following a straight up loss.
- Under is 17-7-1 in Hoosiers last 25 vs. Big Ten.
- Under is 7-3 in Hoosiers last 10 overall.
- Under is 13-6 in Hoosiers last 19 Monday games.
- Under is 7-1 in the last 8 meetings.