Michigan (7-2, 1-0) at Ohio State (6-3, 1-0)
When: Monday, December 4th 2017
Where: Value City Arena, Columbus, OH
Time: 6:30 ET | TV: FOX Sports 1
Opening Odds: Ohio State -1/136
Open an Account at Bovada Sportsbook Now! Sign up at Bovada.lv to get up to a $250 Deposit Bonus and to bet all the Web’s best NCAA College Basketball odds and props!
The Michigan Wolverines and Ohio State Buckeyes will look to stay perfect in conference play when they meet Monday night in Columbus, Ohio. The Wolverines won 10 of their last 12 conference games last season, including four straight en route to the Big Ten Tournament title, and are coming off a 69-55 victory over Indiana on Saturday to open the conference slate. That impressive run started after a disappointing 70-66 loss to the Buckeyes on February 4th and the Wolverines hope to snap a two-game losing skid against their bitter rivals. Ohio State began Big Ten play with an impressive 83-58 rout of Wisconsin on Saturday. The Buckeyes shot 66% from the field to put back-to-back losses to Butler (67-66) and Clemson (79-65) behind them and will seek their fourth win in five meetings against Michigan.
LIVE IN-GAME COLLEGE BASKETBALL BETTING!
Freshman guard Jordan Poole came off the bench and hit five 3-pointers en route to a career-high 19 points in the win against the Hoosiers. Junior Moritz Wagner added 13 points and seven rebounds while freshman point guard Eli Brooks dished out a career-best six assists against the Hoosiers in his fifth straight start. Wagner is averaging 18 points and 8.6 rebounds over his last three games. Michigan ranks 32nd in the nation in points allowed at 62.4 a game.
Indiana also have a freshman that is contributing early as Kaleb Wesson scored a career-high 19 points in the win against Wisconsin while Keita Bates-Diop added 17 points and 11 rebounds to record his sixth double-double of the season. Forward Jae’Sean Tate had 16 points on 7-of-8 shooting against the Badgers and needs 11 points to move past John Havlicek (1,223) for 35th spot on Ohio State’s all-time scoring list. C.J. Jackson went 3-of-5 from 3-point range to finish with 10 points as the Buckeyes shot a sizzling 53.8% from downtown.
These teams are pretty evenly matched, so I have to take the home team here. Both of Michigan’s losses have come away from home with their only road victory coming against Chaminade in the Maui Invitational.
Pick: Ohio State -2
- Wolverines are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 vs. Big Ten.
- Wolverines are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- Wolverines are 6-2-1 ATS in their last 9 games following a ATS win.
- Wolverines are 6-2-1 ATS in their last 9 road games.
- Wolverines are 5-2-1 ATS in their last 8 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Wolverines are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Buckeyes are 8-20 ATS in their last 28 games following a straight up win.
- Buckeyes are 3-9 ATS in their last 12 home games.
- Buckeyes are 4-13 ATS in their last 17 games following a straight up win of more than 20 points.
- Buckeyes are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Buckeyes are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games following a ATS win.
- Buckeyes are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400.
- Buckeyes are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- Over is 6-1-2 in Wolverines last 9 road games.
- Over is 5-1-2 in Wolverines last 8 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Over is 4-1-2 in Wolverines last 7 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Under is 5-2-1 in Wolverines last 8 games following a straight up win.
- Under is 4-0 in Buckeyes last 4 games following a straight up win.
- Under is 8-1 in Buckeyes last 9 Monday games.
- Under is 6-1 in Buckeyes last 7 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400.
- Under is 6-1 in Buckeyes last 7 home games.
- Under is 5-1 in Buckeyes last 6 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- Over is 4-1 in Buckeyes last 5 games following a straight up win of more than 20 points.
- Under is 4-1 in Buckeyes last 5 games following a ATS win.
- Under is 6-2 in Buckeyes last 8 overall.
- Over is 12-4 in Buckeyes last 16 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Home team is 4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings.
- Under is 7-3-1 in the last 11 meetings in Ohio St.
- Wolverines are 1-4 ATS in the last 5 meetings in Ohio St.