NY Islanders (28-21-10) at Montreal (32-20-8)
When: Thursday, February 23rd 2017
Where: Belle Centre, Montreal, Quebec
Time: 7:35 ET | TV: MSG+
Open an Account at Bovada Sportsbook Now! Sign up at Bovada.lv to get up to a $250 Deposit Bonus and to bet all the Web’s best NHL Hockey odds and props!
The reeling Montreal Canadiens (32-20-8), who have won only two games over the last eight after Tuesday’s win over the New York Rangers, they’ll look to follow that up against another New York team on Thursday. Since firing head coach Michel Therrien last week and hiring former Bruins coach Claude Julien, Montreal is 1-1.
Carey Price (2.44 goals against average, .918 save percentage), who had been in slump since mid-December, has his groove back in the last two games, posting a .936 save percentage. The Habs will rely on Price’s resurgence going forward, as the Canadiens have dropped to 12th in team offense (2.8 goals per game) and have scored more than two goals only twice in their last eight games.
LIVE IN-GAME NHL BETTING!
The New York Islanders (28-21-10), meanwhile, have found their own resurgence since firing head coach Jack Capuano and replacing him with assistant general manager Doug Weight. Since the move, the Islanders have pulled themselves out of last place in the Eastern Conference, and have gone 11-4-2. They’re now tied with Florida and Boston for the final Wild Card spot in the East. Team captain John Tavares (22 goals, 28 assists) looks to lead his team offensively against the Canadiens (7:30 PM ET on SNE) on Thursday.
The Islanders are playing well right now and started off their long road trip with a win at Detroit on Tuesday. Montreal is coming off a win, but have failed to follow that up with another one in their last seven tries.
Pick: Islanders +130
- Islanders are 4-0 in their last 4 Thursday games.
- Islanders are 7-1 in their last 8 in the fourth game of a 4-in-6 situation.
- Islanders are 5-1 in their last 6 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Islanders are 4-1 in their last 5 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Islanders are 9-3 in their last 12 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Islanders are 8-19 in their last 27 road games.
- Islanders are 4-11 in their last 15 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Islanders are 0-4 in their last 4 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Canadiens are 10-4 in their last 14 Thursday games.
- Canadiens are 40-18 in their last 58 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400.
- Canadiens are 3-7 in their last 10 vs. Metropolitan.
- Canadiens are 2-5 in their last 7 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Canadiens are 2-6 in their last 8 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Canadiens are 2-7 in their last 9 overall.
- Canadiens are 1-5 in their last 6 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Canadiens are 0-5 in their last 5 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Canadiens are 0-7 in their last 7 games following a win.
- Canadiens are 0-4 in their last 4 home games.
- Over is 4-1-1 in Islanders last 6 overall.
- Under is 3-1-1 in Islanders last 5 road games.
- Under is 6-2-1 in Islanders last 9 games following a win.
- Over is 3-1-1 in Islanders last 5 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Over is 18-7-3 in Islanders last 28 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Over is 10-4-1 in Islanders last 15 in the fourth game of a 4-in-6 days situation.
- Over is 17-7-2 in Islanders last 26 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Under is 7-3 in Islanders last 10 Thursday games.
- Over is 9-4 in Islanders last 13 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Under is 4-0-1 in Canadiens last 5 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Under is 5-0-1 in Canadiens last 6 vs. Metropolitan.
- Under is 3-0-1 in Canadiens last 4 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Under is 6-2-1 in Canadiens last 9 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Under is 6-2-1 in Canadiens last 9 overall.
- Over is 3-1-1 in Canadiens last 5 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400.
- Under is 3-1-1 in Canadiens last 5 games following a win.
- Over is 7-3-3 in Canadiens last 13 home games.
HEAD TO HEAD
- Over is 7-3 in the last 10 meetings in Montreal.
- Islanders are 1-4 in the last 5 meetings in Montreal.
- Islanders are 1-7 in the last 8 meetings.
CLICK HERE TO BET THE ISLANDERS VS CANADIENS GAME