British Columbia (1-1) at Winnipeg (1-2)
When: Saturday, July 7th 2018
Where: Investors Group Field, Winnipeg
Time: 8:30 ET | TV: ESPN+
Opening Odds: Winnipeg -3.5/53
Open an Account at Bovada Sportsbook Now! Sign up at Bovada.lv to get a $250 Signup Bonus to bet CFL Football!
The British Columbia Lions and Winnipeg Blue Bombers know each other well, playing eight times over the past three years, and will play the next two weeks beginning this Saturday in Winnipeg. The Bombers are 5-3 against the Lions during their recent stretch, including 3-1 at Investors Group Field. B.C. is just 2-10-1 ATS in their last 13 games against the West, and 2-7 ATS in their last nine games overall dating back to last year. Meanwhile, the Bombers are 13-4 in the last 17 games played in Winnipeg against West division opponents and are 7-1-1 ATS against the Lions in their last nine games. They will conclude their two-game season series next weekend in Vancouver.
After winning their season opener against lowly Montreal, the Lions were manhandled 41-22 by the Eskimos in Edmonton last week. B.C. got off to a nice 14-2 lead late in the second quarter, but fell apart. They allowed 14 points in the final 2:22 of the first half, and then 24 in the 2nd half. Wideout Emmanuel Arceneaux has seven catches this season for 106 yards, but has yet to cross the goal line. He is the current team leader in receiving yards this season, accounting for over a quarter of the club’s receiving yards. B.C. is second to last in yards allowed per game (438.0) and last in passing yards allowed (303.5).
The Blue Bombers will get signal-caller Matt Nichols back on Saturday after missing the club’s first three games with a right knee injury that he picked up during training camp on June 6th. This will be a big lift offensively for Winnipeg as Nichols was named the team’s Most Valuable Player last season when he threw for 4,472 yards and 28 touchdowns. The Bombers have the top-ranked rushing attack in the CFL thus far behind Andrew Harris, who has 141 yards in two games. On defense, the Bombers were dominated on time of possession by Hamilton last week, 37:30 to 22:30 in a 31-17 road loss. The secondary has allowed opposition quarterbacks to throw 777 yards in the air through three games, but will be facing Jonathan Jennings, who hasn’t thrown over 200 yards in two games this season.
This should be an easy win for Winnipeg based on their history with B.C. and the fact that Nichols is back under center. The line spiked when it was announced he would be back, but not high enough for me to get scared off. Lay the points.
Pick: Winnipeg -6
- Lions are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games in Week 4.
- Lions are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 Saturday games.
- Lions are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games overall.
- Lions are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games following a straight up loss.
- Lions are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games following a ATS loss.
- Lions are 1-5 ATS vs. a team with a losing record.
- Lions are 2-10-1 ATS in their last 13 vs. West.
- Lions are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 road games.
- Blue Bombers are 8-0 ATS in their last 8 games following a ATS loss.
- Blue Bombers are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 Saturday games.
- Blue Bombers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a straight up loss.
- Blue Bombers are 11-4 ATS in their last 15 vs. West.
- Blue Bombers are 16-7 ATS in their last 23 games overall.
- Over is 5-1 in Lions last 6 games in July.
- Over is 4-1 in Lions last 5 games overall.
- Over is 3-1-1 in Lions last 5 vs. a team with a losing record.
- Over is 4-1 in Blue Bombers last 5 games in July.
- Over is 8-2 in Blue Bombers last 10 games following a straight up loss.
- Over is 13-4 in Blue Bombers last 17 vs. West.
- Over is 6-2 in Blue Bombers last 8 games following a ATS loss.
- Over is 7-3 in Blue Bombers last 10 home games.
- Over is 23-10 in Blue Bombers last 33 games overall.
- Under is 9-4 in Blue Bombers last 13 games in Week 4.
- Over is 6-1 in the last 7 meetings.
- Lions are 2-6-1 ATS in their last 9 meetings in Winnipeg.
- Lions are 1-7-1 ATS in their last 9 meetings.