2006 Kentucky Derby Predictions – Contenders
|Kentucky Derby Predictions 2006 – Top 15 Kentucky Derby Contendersas of April 15, 2006
by Ultimatecapper.com Horse Handicapper Kenneth Strong
1. Brother Derek – Easy win in Santa Anita Derby makes him the deserving Kentucky Derby favorite.
2. Lawyer Ron – Overcame bad break and trouble to make it six wins in a row in Arkansas Derby.
3. Sweetnorthernsaint – Big win in Illinois Derby and improving fast.
4. Barbaro – Perfect 5-for-5 lifetime after very game win over Sharp Humor in the Florida Derby.
5. A.P Warrior – Couldn’t get by lone speed favorite Brother Derek in Santa Anita Derby but could improve.
6. Private Vow – Big improvement in Arkansas Derby shows he’s back on track. But will he be fit enough?
7. Bob and John – Scored a grinding win in Wood Memorial over favored Keyed Entry, who ran average at best.
8. Point Determined – Rallied to pick up the pieces in Santa Anita Derby.
9. Jazil – Came flying late in sloppy Wood Memorial. Could be the long bomb rallier into a hot Derby pace.
10. Steppenwolfer – Runner up in Arkansas Derby would benefit from hot pace battle in the Derby.
11. Bluegrass Cat – Fourth place finish in Blue Grass was dull but track was favoring speed.
12. Cause To Believe – Victim of slow pace in Illinois Derby. Needs a perfect trip behind a fast pace.
13. Sinister Minister – Wire-to-wire win in Blue Grass over speed biased track, but speed always dangerous.
14. Sharp Humor – Extremely game in Florida Derby loss, but front-running style could hurt him in Kentucky Derby.
15. Storm Treasure – Runner-up finish in Blue Grass gets him a spot on the list.
CLICKHERE TO BET ON HORSE RACING USING YOUR CHECKING ACCOUNT TO FUNDYOUR ACCOUNT! 10% SIGNUP AND 10% RELOAD BONUSES AS WELL!
Upcoming 2006 Kentucky Derby Prep Races
April 22 – Keeneland – Lexington Stakes-G2 – 1 1/16m
April 29 – Aqueduct – Withers Stakes-G3 – 1m
April 29 – Churchill Downs – Derby Trial-G3 – 1m
May 6 – Churchill Downs – Kentucky Derby-G1 – 1 1/4m