Staying safe and secure is a must for anyone considering spending money online. Whether it’s paying for goods or services, using a payment option that you know is reliable is vital, especially in today’s environment where the threat of identity fraud is a real possibility.
Today, we will discuss three of the top secure payment options for online betting in 2023 and the pros and cons of each.
As one of the most used e-wallets of 2023, many punters use Neteller, which uses a two-step authentication that lets you know about each login attempt.
Authorised by the UK Financial Conduct Authority, it ensures that Neteller uses the latest security technology to keep your private details confidential. Neteller also holds a 128-bit encryption certificate, and you can open a Neteller account for free.
Once you have added your name, country of residence, currency and email address, you are good to go (remember to use a strong, unique password).
Neteller provides a buffer between your online casino site and your bank, which many players find reassuring.
- Instant deposits
- Cash withdrawals
- Neteller supports different currencies
- There is a mobile app available
- Enhanced security level
- Neteller is not available in all countries
- You could be charged for making a deposit
Increasingly, people are turning to their mobile phone bills to pay for the cost of their sports bets. Sites like Paybyphonebillcasino.uk list many high-end online casinos that offer this option. This option appeals to those players who wish to refrain from giving their banking details to the online casino to fund their accounts.
Open to most mobile networks, PayForit is easy to set up, and you can use it whether you have a monthly contract or a pay-as-you-go sim.
Once you have set up your mobile to pay for your bets, set your deposit amount, enter your phone number and then wait for a link you need to hit to confirm the transaction.
Money will now be in your account to play with, and the cost will be shown on your monthly bill or deducted from your balance if you have a pay-as-you-go sim.
Pros of PayForit
- PayForit is operated and supported by all the major UK phone operators
- There is no sign-up required – just your telephone number
- There is no need to submit your bank details
- Simple to set up and use
- PayForit is supported by any device
Cons of PayForit
- You cannot withdraw into PayForit, so you need another banking method for your winnings.
- At the time of writing, you can deposit only £30 daily using PayForit, which might not be enough for some players
PayPal is widely used worldwide and remains one of the top seven most secure payment methods for sports betting and other online casino games.
Rarely does a site not accept PayPal payments as it offers ease of transaction with high levels of security.
Once a player has given an email address linked to their PayPal account for a payment to be processed, card details can be linked to a PayPal account, keeping all private details safe and secure.
Pros of PayPal
- Simple to set up and use
- PayPal has no fees for sending money to family or friends
- PayPal offers a higher level of security and encrypts your bank or credit card information
- PayPal prevents fraudulent activity on your account
Cons of PayPal
- There are charges for business transactions
- Instant access to money incurs a 1% fee
- Bank transfers can take a few days
- If PayPal is unsure of any details, it may freeze an account