Tennessee (6-3) at Pittsburgh (7-2)
When: Thursday, November 16th 2017
Where: Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA
Time: 8:25 ET | TV: NFL Network
Opening Odds: Pittsburgh -6.5/45.5
The Tennessee Titans and Pittsburgh Steelers aren’t exactly mauling opponents, but they both just keep on winning and they will meet to kick-off Week 11 of the NFL schedule on Thursday Night Football from Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, PA. The Steelers, who are tied with the New England Patriots for the best record in the AFC, will go for their fifth consecutive victory on Thursday night in a matchup of division leaders. Pittsburgh extended its winning streak thanks to a second half rally last week to beat the Indianapolis Colts 20-17 to improve to 5-1 on the road this season. The Titans also have won four in a row to join Jacksonville atop the AFC South, rallying for a last-minute 24-20 win over Cincinnati and will go for a clean-sweep of the AFC North. Tennessee has already taken down Cleveland, Baltimore, and now Cincinnati in consecutive games, but failed to cover the spread in each contest. The two quarterbacks in this game love the lights as Ben Roethlisberger has an NFL-high 121.7 QB rating in prime-time games since 2015 while Marcus Mariota is fifth at 105.4.
Tennessee has a 2-2 record away from home, but are having a hard time finding the end zone after scoring a combined 36 points in its last three away from home. They scored 37 in their first road game of the year – a 21-point route of the Jaguars – and will have to play four of the next five games away from Nashville. Mariota has thrown seven touchdown passes against six interceptions, but he has led three-game winning drives during the winning streak and ran for 51 yards against the Bengals last week. Running back DeMarco Murray scored three touchdowns last week, while backup Derrick Henry added 52 yards on 11 carries. Tennessee is 22nd in the league in points allowed (23.7), but have been terrific against the run (6th) and have allowed a combined 277 yards rushing in the last four games. This however, will be a tougher team to stop on the ground than the Colts, Browns, Ravens, and Bengals.
Roethlisberger is having one of the worst seasons of his career with a completion percentage of 61.1 and passer rating of 83.8, but he continues to lead the Steelers down the field when it matters including a pair of second half scoring passes in last week’s comeback victory. Le’Veon Bell will test the stout Titans rush defense and leads the league with 840 rushing yards and is averaging 29.5 carries in the last four games. Bell rushed for 204 yards and a TD in the last meeting against Tennessee, a 27-24 victory three years ago this week. Star wide receiver Antonio Brown has an NFL-best 882 yards receiving, although he has only 12 receptions over the past four games. Fellow wideout JuJu Smith-Schuster continues to make a case for Rookie of the Year with a touchdown catch in each of the past three games. Pittsburgh is second behind the Jaguars in points allowed per game (16.4) and have held their last four opponents to 17 or fewer.
The Titans have been escaping games by the skin of their teeth, but now they hit the road where they have trouble scoring. This is the time of year where Big Ben and company starting putting things together, and it starts Thursday. I like Pittsburgh to win this easily.
Pick: Steelers -7
- Titans are 17-35-1 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
- Titans are 16-35-4 ATS in their last 55 games on grass.
- Titans are 17-41-4 ATS in their last 62 games overall.
- Titans are 8-20-3 ATS in their last 31 games after allowing more than 250 yards passing in their previous game.
- Titans are 14-36-2 ATS in their last 52 games following a straight up win.
- Titans are 7-20 ATS in their last 27 road games.
- Titans are 3-9 ATS in their last 12 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Titans are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games after accumulating more than 350 total yards in their previous game.
- Titans are 11-37-4 ATS in their last 52 vs. AFC.
- Titans are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games after accumulating more than 150 yards rushing in their previous game.
- Titans are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after allowing less than 90 yards rushing in their previous game.
- Titans are 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 games in November.
- Steelers are 4-0-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a ATS loss.
- Steelers are 5-1 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
- Steelers are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 Thursday games.
- Steelers are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 home games.
- Steelers are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games in Week 11.
- Steelers are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games after accumulating less than 90 yards rushing in their previous game.
- Steelers are 3-9 ATS in their last 12 games in November.
- Over is 5-1 in Titans last 6 games following a straight up win.
- Over is 5-1-1 in Titans last 7 games in November.
- Over is 4-1 in Titans last 5 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Over is 6-2 in Titans last 8 games overall.
- Under is 6-2 in Titans last 8 games in Week 11.
- Under is 8-3 in Titans last 11 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Over is 13-5-1 in Titans last 19 games following a ATS loss.
- Over is 5-2 in Titans last 7 games on grass.
- Over is 5-2 in Titans last 7 vs. AFC.
- Under is 4-0 in Steelers last 4 Thursday games.
- Under is 7-0 in Steelers last 7 games after accumulating less than 90 yards rushing in their previous game.
- Under is 7-1 in Steelers last 8 games on grass.
- Under is 5-1 in Steelers last 6 games after allowing less than 90 yards rushing in their previous game.
- Under is 5-1 in Steelers last 6 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Under is 4-1 in Steelers last 5 games in November.
- Under is 4-1 in Steelers last 5 games following a ATS loss.
- Under is 35-15-1 in Steelers last 51 games overall.
- Under is 37-16-1 in Steelers last 54 games following a straight up win.
- Under is 41-20-1 in Steelers last 62 vs. AFC.
- Underdog is 6-1 ATS in their last 7 meetings.
- Over is 8-3 in the last 11 meetings in Pittsburgh.
- Titans are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 meetings.