Nashville (1-0) at Anaheim (0-1)
When: Sunday, May 14th 2017
Where: Honda Center, Anaheim, CA
Time: 7:35 ET | TV: NBC Sports Network
Open an Account at Bovada Sportsbook Now! Sign up at Bovada.lv to get up to a $250 Deposit Bonus and to bet all the Web’s best NHL Hockey odds and props!
The Anaheim Ducks look to avoid their second consecutive 2-0 series hole when they get set for Game 2 of the Western Conference Finals with the Nashville Predators on Sunday night. The Ducks were less than 48 hours removed from a Game 7 victory over Edmonton in the semifinals, and it showed, as the Predators stormed goalie John Gibson with 46 shots. Anaheim lost their first two home games against Edmonton before rallying for the series win and they lost the first two against Nashville a year ago before rallying for a seven-game series triumph. Jakob Silfverberg scored on the Ducks’ first shot to give them the early lead and Hampus Lindholm tallied his first postseason goal in two years in the third period to tie it. Gibson, who lost a pair of 3-2 decisions to Nashville last season before being pulled for the rest of the series, stopped 43 shots and looked terrific. Silfverberg has 35 points in his last 35 postseason games, including five assists versus Nashville in last season’s playoffs. Anaheim is mired in a six-game power-play drought, failing on all 20 chances, including 0-for-4 in the series opener.
LIVE IN-GAME NHL BETTING!
The Predators improved to 9-2 this postseason and have won Game 1 all three times – all on the road – after James Neal scored 9:24 into overtime for the 3-2 win on Friday. Pekka Rinne made 27 saves for the Predators, who continued their dominant surge through the Stanley Cup Playoffs with another strong start as they looked much more rested than Anaheim. Filip Forsberg and Austin Watson also scored in regulation for Nashville, who took home ice advantage away from the Ducks. Neal scored 23 goals during the regular season, matching the second-lowest total of his career for a non-strike season, but he has come alive in the playoffs with four goals in the last six games after managing one assist in a first-round sweep of Chicago. Top-line center Ryan Johansen had two assists in the series opener and has two goals and 11 points in 11 playoff games. Rinne has allowed 16 goals during the first 11 games of the playoffs and owns an impressive .950 save percentage, which would set a record if he keeps going like this.
Nashville is going to set the tone early again as the Ducks play their third game since Wednesday. Look for Rinne to stay hot in goal and for the Predators to take a commanding lead in this series.
Pick: Predators +100
- Predators are 5-0 in their last 5 vs. Pacific.
- Predators are 5-0 in their last 5 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Predators are 9-1 in their last 10 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Predators are 6-1 in their last 7 Sunday games.
- Predators are 5-1 in their last 6 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Predators are 9-2 in their last 11 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Predators are 9-2 in their last 11 overall.
- Predators are 6-2 in their last 8 games following a win.
- Predators are 19-7 in their last 26 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Predators are 24-9 in their last 33 vs. Western Conference.
- Ducks are 5-1 in their last 6 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Ducks are 15-5 in their last 20 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- Ducks are 19-7 in their last 26 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Ducks are 19-7 in their last 26 overall.
- Ducks are 19-7 in their last 26 vs. Western Conference.
- Ducks are 8-3 in their last 11 vs. Central.
- Ducks are 45-18 in their last 63 Sunday games.
- Ducks are 7-3 in their last 10 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Ducks are 7-3 in their last 10 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Ducks are 46-22 in their last 68 home games.
- Ducks are 1-4 in their last 5 Conference Finals games.
- Under is 3-0-1 in Predators last 4 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Under is 6-0-5 in Predators last 11 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Under is 2-0-2 in Predators last 4 games following a win.
- Under is 3-0-2 in Predators last 5 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Under is 8-1-3 in Predators last 12 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Under is 6-1-5 in Predators last 12 vs. Western Conference.
- Under is 10-2-6 in Predators last 18 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Over is 10-3-3 in Predators last 16 Sunday games.
- Under is 15-5-7 in Predators last 27 overall.
- Under is 3-1-3 in Predators last 7 road games.
- Under is 3-1-2 in Predators last 6 vs. Pacific.
- Over is 3-0-1 in Ducks last 4 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Over is 6-0 in Ducks last 6 Sunday games.
- Over is 4-0-1 in Ducks last 5 Conference Finals games.
- Over is 6-1-3 in Ducks last 10 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Over is 4-1-1 in Ducks last 6 overall.
- Over is 4-1-1 in Ducks last 6 vs. Western Conference.
- Over is 4-1-1 in Ducks last 6 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Under is 3-1-1 in Ducks last 5 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- Under is 3-1-1 in Ducks last 5 vs. Central.
- Over is 3-1-1 in Ducks last 5 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
HEAD TO HEAD
- Over is 20-7-9 in the last 36 meetings.
- Over is 15-6-5 in the last 26 meetings in Anaheim.
- Home team is 5-2 in the last 7 meetings.
Trends courtesy of SportsOptions.com – an UltimateCapper.com partner
CLICK HERE TO BET THE PREDATORS VS DUCKS GAME