Florida (30-18-10) at Anaheim (25-20-10)
When: Friday, February 17th 2017
Where: Honda Center, Anaheim, CA
Time: 10:05 ET | TV: FSN Florida, Prime Ticket
Open an Account at Bovada Sportsbook Now! Sign up at Bovada.lv to get up to a $250 Deposit Bonus and to bet all the Web’s best NHL Hockey odds and props!
The surging Florida Panthers continue their road trip with a visit to the Anaheim Ducks on Friday night at Honda Center. Florida’s offense has lifted this team towards the final spot in the Eastern Conference playoff race with less than 30 games left. The Panthers scored 13 goals in the first two games of a critical road trip that still has three tough games remaining including tonight. Florida took care of Nashville last Saturday and then Pacific Division-lead San Jose 6-5 in overtime on Wednesday. Aleksander Barkov has four goals in the past three games for the Panthers, who have accumulated 24 goals in the last five games of their current 5-1-1 streak. Leading scorer Vincent Trocheck (39 points) has two goals and three assists in the last three games. Fellow forward Jonathan Huberdeau scored the winning goal Wednesday and has been on fire since returning from an Achilles injury that kept him out of the first 51 games. Huberdeau has scored three times and set up another four in the last four games. Roberto Luongo was replaced by James Reimer for overtime against San Jose, but head coach Tom Rowe told reporters the veteran goalie was just cramping and should be fine.
LIVE IN-GAME NHL BETTING!
Anaheim, which lost 2-1 at Florida on February 3rd, ended their six-game road trip (2-3-1) with a huge 1-0 victory over Western Conference-leading Minnesota on Tuesday. The Ducks struggled to score goals on the trip for the most part, tallying two goals or less in four of those contests. Anaheim sits fourth in the Western Conference standings, but are only four points behind San Jose in the Pacific Division. Anaheim will be without face-off specialist Antoine Vermette for 10 games after he was suspended for abuse of an official in Tuesday’s victory and forward Corey Tropp was called up to replace him on the roster. One of the issues on the road trip for Anaheim was the power play, which converted one of 18 attempts in the first five games before going without an opportunity against Minnesota. Ryan Kesler leads the team with 44 points while captain Ryan Getzlaf (42, three in the last two games) and Corey Perry (40, four in the last three) are close behind. Rickard Rakell leads the team with 22 goals, but has only one in the last six games.
Florida is tough to stop right now and Anaheim is near the bottom of the league in scoring goals (20th). I think the Panthers keep the road momentum going at least one more night.
Pick: Panthers +128
- Panthers are 5-1 in their last 6 overall.
- Panthers are 4-1 in their last 5 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Panthers are 7-2 in their last 9 after allowing 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Panthers are 5-2 in their last 7 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Panthers are 57-125-3 in their last 185 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Panthers are 7-16 in their last 23 games following a win.
- Panthers are 4-11 in their last 15 vs. Pacific.
- Panthers are 1-4 in their last 5 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Ducks are 5-1 in their last 6 home games following a road trip of 7 or more days.
- Ducks are 5-1 in their last 6 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400.
- Ducks are 10-2 in their last 12 vs. a team with a losing record.
- Ducks are 24-8 in their last 32 games playing on 2 days rest.
- Ducks are 9-3 in their last 12 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Ducks are 11-4 in their last 15 home games.
- Ducks are 37-17 in their last 54 when their opponent allows 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Ducks are 1-4 in their last 5 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Ducks are 0-6 in their last 6 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Ducks are 0-4 in their last 4 games following a win.
- Over is 5-1-1 in Panthers last 7 after allowing 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Over is 5-1 in Panthers last 6 games following a win.
- Over is 4-1 in Panthers last 5 overall.
- Over is 4-1 in Panthers last 5 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Over is 4-1-1 in Panthers last 6 road games.
- Over is 8-2-2 in Panthers last 12 after scoring 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Over is 4-1 in Panthers last 5 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Over is 7-2-1 in Panthers last 10 vs. Pacific.
- Under is 6-2 in Panthers last 8 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Over is 3-1-1 in Panthers last 5 vs. Western Conference.
- Over is 12-5-3 in Panthers last 20 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Under is 32-14-6 in Panthers last 52 Friday games.
- Under is 4-0 in Ducks last 4 games playing on 2 days rest.
- Under is 2-0-3 in Ducks last 5 Friday games.
- Over is 6-0-1 in Ducks last 7 home games following a road trip of 7 or more days.
- Under is 8-1 in Ducks last 9 home games.
- Under is 10-2-2 in Ducks last 14 vs. a team with a losing record.
- Under is 5-1 in Ducks last 6 vs. Atlantic.
- Under is 8-2 in Ducks last 10 when their opponent scores 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Under is 4-1 in Ducks last 5 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400.
- Under is 8-2-2 in Ducks last 12 games following a win.
- Under is 16-5-7 in Ducks last 28 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Under is 17-6-3 in Ducks last 26 overall.
- Under is 16-6-4 in Ducks last 26 when their opponent allows 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Under is 5-2 in Ducks last 7 vs. Eastern Conference.
HEAD TO HEAD
- Over is 3-0-1 in the last 4 meetings in Anaheim.
- Home team is 5-2 in the last 7 meetings.
CLICK HERE TO BET THE PANTHERS VS DUCKS GAME