Milwaukee (28-23) at Brooklyn (19-34)
When: Sunday, February 4th 2018
Where: Barclays Center, Brooklyn, NY
Time: 12:05 ET | TV: FS Wisconsin, YES
Opening Odds: Milwaukee -3/211
Two teams going in opposite directions will meet in an early afternoon Sunday Bowl Sunday contest as the Milwaukee Bucks visit the reeling Brooklyn Nets at the Barclays Center. The clubs met just over a week ago with the Bucks coming away with a resounding 116-91 victory in Milwaukee as star Giannis Antetokounmpo scored 41 points on 14-of-20 shooting to go along with 13 rebounds and seven assists, one of four double-doubles he has recorded in the past five games. The latest was a 29-point, 11-rebound performance and the decisive layup with 1.9 seconds left in Friday’s 92-90 home win over New York. It was Milwaukee’s fifth victory in six games since firing head coach Jason Kidd. The Nets have lost five of six, including a 102-99 setback against the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday and have lost nine in a row overall to Milwaukee including four at home. Jarrett Allen made 6-of-8 shots in the loss to Milwaukee on January 26th while his teammates combined to go 27-for-81 from the floor.
While Antetokounmpo got all the pub with another strong outing on Friday, the big story was the return of fellow forward Jabari Parker from ACL surgery, who scored 12 points in his first game in nearly a year. The second overall pick in the 2014 draft averaged 20.1 points and 6.2 rebounds in 51 games last season before the injury and gives the Bucks another scoring option heading into the second half of the season. The Bucks aren’t the highest scoring team in the league (104.6 – 19th), but are a very efficient 47.8% from the floor – ranking fourth. Sunday’s contest will mark the beginning of a four-game east coast road trip for Milwaukee.
One of the few bright spots during Brooklyn’s recent stretch is the impact of Allen, who has made three straight starts while averaging 16 points and seven rebounds in only 23.3 minutes. The rookie is 36-for-44 from the floor over a span of eight games and had a season-high 20 points while playing opposite longtime Nets center Brook Lopez on Friday. Point guard Spencer Dinwiddie, who averages 13.5 points a game, has turned it on with 50 points over the last two and made 13-of-15 free throws in Wednesday’s win over Philadelphia. The Nets are dead last in the league in field goal shooting at 43.7%.
The Nets pose no threat to a hot Milwaukee team that will lean on Antetokounmpo once again, as he dominates Brooklyn in this contest.
Pick: Bucks -4.5
- Bucks are 6-1-1 ATS in their last 8 road games vs. a team with a losing home record.
- Bucks are 19-39-2 ATS in their last 60 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Bucks are 4-9 ATS in their last 13 games overall.
- Bucks are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games following a ATS loss.
- Bucks are 3-11 ATS in their last 14 Sunday games.
- Bucks are 2-8-2 ATS in their last 12 games vs. a team with a losing straight up record.
- Bucks are 1-6-2 ATS in their last 9 games vs. a team with a winning % below .400.
- Nets are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 Sunday games.
- Nets are 12-4 ATS in their last 16 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Nets are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
- Nets are 9-4 ATS in their last 13 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Nets are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games following a straight up loss.
- Nets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Nets are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- Nets are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- Under is 4-0 in Bucks last 4 games following a straight up win.
- Under is 4-0 in Bucks last 4 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Under is 9-1 in Bucks last 10 games following a ATS loss.
- Under is 6-1 in Bucks last 7 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Under is 12-2 in Bucks last 14 overall.
- Under is 6-1 in Bucks last 7 road games.
- Under is 13-3 in Bucks last 16 when their opponent allows 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Over is 8-3 in Bucks last 11 games vs. a team with a winning % below .400.
- Under is 5-1 in Nets last 6 games following a straight up loss.
- Under is 5-1-1 in Nets last 7 vs. NBA Central.
- Under is 4-1 in Nets last 5 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Under is 4-1 in Nets last 5 overall.
- Under is 4-1 in Nets last 5 Sunday games.
- Under is 4-1 in Nets last 5 vs. Eastern Conference.
- Under is 4-1 in Nets last 5 games following a ATS loss.
- Under is 4-1 in Nets last 5 after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Under is 14-4 in Nets last 18 home games.
- Under is 9-3 in Nets last 12 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- Over is 7-1 in the last 8 meetings in Brooklyn.
- Bucks are 12-3-1 ATS in the last 16 meetings in Brooklyn.
- Bucks are 22-7-1 ATS in the last 30 meetings.
- Favorite is 20-8-1 ATS in the last 29 meetings.